Monday, July 14, 2014

First Post . . .

Since baby boy was diagnosed with a milk protein allergy, a few people have suggested I start blogging about adjusting to life without dairy. So far I've been too lazy but now I am feeling inspired....

Dairy free was not completely new to us as baby girl has a lactose intolerance. The world of almond yogurt and coconut ice cream is one with while we had some familiarity.  But a milk protein allergy is, in the words of Aladdin, a whole new world.  Those proteins hide in all manner of unexpected places.  McDonalds fries, sandwich meat, wine....etc. etc. It has been an adjustment and we've had a few failures but we're working on it in the hope of becoming experts.  There is a really good chance that he will grow out of this allergy, but in case he doesn't, this is our dairy free story.

No comments:

Post a Comment